Yesterday was an ok day at work. I picked up the kids from camp and went home to cook dinner. My Mom gave me a call and said that she felt dizzy. She asked me if I thought it was vertigo. So, I told her last time I checked I didn't go to Medical School. So then she called a friend who happens to have vertigo to ask what her symptoms were. She said it didn't sound like vertigo at all and that my Mom should check her pressure.
I then call my friend, Amy to go over and check her pressure. (Amy used to work in a Dr.'s office which in turn makes her a Dr. in our eyes!) When Amy checked the pressure, it was 200/110. That is obviously too high. Amy called the Dr. and he said for Mom to take one of her bp pills and to check the pressure again in an hour. At that point, the kids and I hopped in the car to see how she was feeling. Amy came back in an hour and checked her pressure again and it had lowered to 190/108. Which of course is not low enough.
Meanwhile, during all this my father is telling my Mom to go to the ER right away and he doesn't understand what she is waiting for. (Mind you, they have been divorced for like 27 years!) So, off we go to Plantation General. When we got to the triage, Mom's pressure was 234/110. Needless to say, they took her right on back. They ran some tests and gave her medication to bring her pressure down. The tests came back fine and her heart was a-ok. We left the ER around 3am and I got home around 3:30am.
I woke up this morning around 9 and went to work. Can I tell you, I felt like death? I picked up the boys from camp, made Tyson anytisers and went straight to bed. I slept for almost 3 hours. It was a great sleep. The only problem is that now I am wide awake. (Whistles and twiddles thumbs.) What to do now? I know Mary will be like "Scrapbook!". But I can't right now because I feel blah!! I guess I'll surf the net.
That's all my ramblings for one night!
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago


2 comments:
Yay!!! I'm first. Tell your mom I hope she feels better. This should give her an excuse to take a few days off. And tell Amy I can sell her a doctor's license for $9.99...and if she acts now I'll throw in a Lawyer's license...but wait...there's more....
Oh I hope your mom is okay. I'm glad you took her to the ER!! But since you were up, why didn't you scrap?! Sounds like you had a story to tell...Next time bust out with the self-portrait and do a page...
Post a Comment