Hello fellow bloggers. I have had a crazy couple of days!
Saturday began great because we had no baseball games thanks to spring break. Woot! Woot! Luis worked and I took the boys out to run errands. We got back home around noon and ate lunch. I sat around for a little bit and then decided to do some spring cleaning. I went through the boys' closets and took out the winter clothes that were hanging up and clothes that are now too small. I put the winter clothes away in plastic containers for next winter. (Little did I know that today would be flipping cold!)
So while I was putting stuff away, I decided to give my friend, Dawn a call. She proceeded to tell me that she thought her water had broken and she was reading the book to see if it was really it. So, I said well you have to go to the hospital. She said, you think? Uh, yeah, I think. So, I ran down to Doral, picked her up and drove her to Jackson. Jackson sucks because when you take someone in there if they are in labor, they shove the person that brought her into the waiting room until they deem it appropriate for you to go back there. I was in the waiting room for almost 3 hours!
They called me back and she was 5 centimeters. Woohoo! Moving along nicely. By 8pm, she was 10 centimeters but not quite ready to push. They said that she would be ready at about 9. She pushed and pushed, but the baby's face was pointing up. After pushing for close to an hour the doctor decided on a c-section. I was her person in the operating room. I have never been the 'person' on that side of the operating table. It was weird. The operating room is small. It doesn't seem that small when you are strapped down to the table.
So at 10:51pm, Mark was born weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. It was amazing. There is nothing more amazing than seeing a child being born. For those of you who have never seen it, I highly recommend it. This was the 3rd baby that I have seen come into the world and it was still as amazing as if I had never seen it before.
Have a great night all.


2 comments:
Look at the face on him.
What's with the male nurse holding him like a football? Dear Lord, could he have not been a little more gentle? Your a good friend to have stayed by her side the entire time. You are back on my party list ;D
LOL - this is a GREAT shot---A little football..The nurse looks like he is running for a touchdown!!! And it must have been AMAZING to watch...
Post a Comment